After record-breaking daily reports of COVID-19 cases, Governor Reeves extended the Safe Return order to help protect Mississippians and limit transmission. Executive Order 1505 extends the social distancing guidelines and restrictions under the Safe Return order until 8 a.m. on Monday, July 20th. Health officials believe the extension will allow more time to evaluate our state’s response to the virus and adapt accordingly. Some of the strict social distancing guidelines in the Safe Return order include the following:
- All those in the vulnerable population are strongly encouraged to continue sheltering in place to protect their health.
- This includes all elderly individuals (age 65 or older per CDC guidelines) and individuals with serious underlying health conditions, including high blood pressure, chronic lung disease, diabetes, obesity, asthma, and those whose immune systems are compromised as such by chemotherapy for cancer or any other condition requiring such therapy.
- For large group gatherings when social distancing is not possible, groups are limited to 20 people or less indoors and 50 people or less outdoors.
- For large group gatherings when social distancing is possible, groups are limited to 50 people or less indoors and 100 people or less outdoors.
- All travel may resume, while minimizing non-essential business travel when possible.
The Safe Return order will remain in effect until Monday, July 20, at 8:00 AM.