Governor Tate Reeves says, “Mississippi is in a fight for our lives. COVID-19 is an ever-present threat, and we are in the middle of a spike.”
Here are the details of the Executive Order 1507:
- The counties in the order include Desoto, Hinds, Jackson, Rankin, Washington, Sunflower, Grenada, Madison, Claiborne, Jefferson, Wayne, and Quitman.
- Valid Monday, July 13, 2020 – July 20, 2020.
- Individuals must wear masks or face coverings and practice social distancing at public gatherings or while shopping in stores.
- Social gathering limits: 10 indoors, 20 outdoors.
- All businesses take steps to follow the MSDH and CDC guidelines.
- Daily employee screenings
- Employers provide hand sanitizer or soap to all employees.
- Face coverings shall be provided to all employees who come in direct contact with customers.
- Employees shall be required to wear that face-covering throughout their shift and clean or replace daily.
- Customers shall wear a face covering while inside the retail business.
- Hand sanitizer shall be placed at all entrances, in or near bathrooms, and at cashier stations.
- Retail businesses are expected to make all efforts to maintain 6 feet of distance between customers at all times.
- Carts, baskets, and other similar surfaces touched by customers shall be sanitized after each use. Other high-touch areas must be sanitized at least once every two hours.
For people in public:
- People shall wear face coverings when at public gatherings or in a shopping environment.
- People shall maintain 6 feet of distance between themselves and others.